I let Dmitri Popov, the author of the Writer Tools extension, know about the
request for a word count history. He was quick to respond. I just got this from
him:

***
I thought you would like to know that I've added the word count
feature. When you stop timer and choose to save the data, it saves the
word count in the WriterDB database in the WordCount field. You can
get the latest development version of the Writer's Tools extension
from the SVN repository:

http://writertools.googlecode.com/svn/

I'd also like to ask you a favor. I'd be very grateful if you could
you post this info to the relevant thread in the [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Dmitri

***

There you have it. Dmitri's Timer tool now gives both the time and the word
count for a Writer session.