----- Original Message ----- From: "Harold Fuchs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Removing openoffice.org

SandyHoward wrote:
I downloaded openoffice.org 2.0 a long time ago on my computer. I was running winows 98. I never use it, and I would like to remove it from my computer. I have now updated to windows XP home verison. It will not let me remove it. What can I do to remove it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

How did you try? The usual way is via Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs. What happens when you try this?

I am quite surprised that OpenOffice was not deleted during the upgrade from Win 98 to XP.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

I did it from the control paneland this is what I got.
Computer asked: Are you sure you want to remove Openofficeorg 2.0 from your computer?
I replied: yes
Computer said:  Preparing to remove
then a box came up with this...

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click ok to try again, or enter a alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'openofficeorg20msi' in the box below. I have typed everything I can think of in that box and nothing works. I don't know what else to do now. Thanks for answering me back. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Sandy