Chris wrote:
I use British english, so I have the User Interface and Default Language options set to UK english, with the Locale setting on New Zealand, which is where I'm based. However, when I run spellcheck, the language is set to US english. If I change the dictionary language to UK english and continue it flips straight back to US english again. Is there a way I can permanently set a dictionary language for the spellcheck?

In order to handle multi-lingual documents, /text/ is marked with the language (it's on the same dialog page as Font). That's probably what you're seeing.
--
John W. Kennedy
"The pathetic hope that the White House will turn a Caligula into a Marcus Aurelius is as naïve as the fear that ultimate power inevitably corrupts."