I have a oowriter document where spell checking seems to be disabled or just
not working in some paragraphs. I am looking around in paragraph, character,
style, and other dialogs, from context menu and from the regular format/* menu,
but I cannot find out what the problem is.

I press F7, the spell checker dialog comes up. On top, a dialog that says "The
spell check is complete." But the main dialog has a title "Spellcheck:()" with
this empty parethesis, and the bottom of the dialog has an empty drop-down box
next to "Dictionary language". However, there is no way I can change that, or?
When I click OK in the "complete" message box, the whole dialog disappears.

I also have a question which may be related, because I need to include
statements and quotations in a different language. I cannot find out how to do
it, if at all possible. Are such things enabled only for Asian languages? How
come...?

Regards
Djingo