Hi Andrew,
Maybe this might help you?

"Andrew Douglas Pitonyak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schreef in bericht
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I use the format so that I can send files around and they will fort using
> an ASCII sort. The standard does not require delimiters.

ISO 8601 defines basic format without delimiters and extended format with
delimiters (and more formats like ordinal and week dates, reduced precision,
truncation etc.). For ASCII sort, it doesn't matter whether or not
delimiters are present, as long as all data elements to be sorted on are
written in (or converted to) exactly the same format.

> All my files are in the same time zone, but unless you bother to insert
> the time zone information, (.....)

GMT is obsolete, ISO defines UTC. In normal messaging, UTC and/or Z are
always included in headers.
"Sender in same time zone" doesn't guarantee that either date OF file or
data IN files he sends to you are necessarily valid for that time zone as
well. So as far as directory file date is concerned, of course you might
correct that with Z difference, but that would NOT necessarily be correct.
If that's important, ask sender for original file details. When exact UTC
data IN files is important for you: when you specificly required either UTC
data or "local" data WITH appropriate Z from sender, it's up to him to meet
that requirement. If he does'nt, there's a problem between the two of you.
(Then, maybe slight reproach might help?)

> Based on the strength of your statements, (.....)

I do care very much about correct application, even enforcement, of ISO
Standards. (Esperanto isn't one, is it?) That's why I'm advocating e.g.
correct application of ISO 8601 in OOo. And fortunately I'm not the only one
who cares!

Regards,
Jan