You may be able to correct this by clicking on TOOLS > Options > Language
Settings > Writing Aids. If English UK isn't in the list, click on Browse to
choose it.

"John W. Kennedy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  A.C. Douglas wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just upgraded to OpenOffice v.2.2, hoping this might solve a
> problem with the earlier version, but it is just the same.
>
> I live in England and my computer is set to UK English as the default
> language. I selected UK English as preferred options in OpenOffice.
>
> But OpenOffice Writer still underlines UK spellings as incorrect. For
> instance, it underlines 'colour' as incorrect, but accepts the American
> spelling, 'color'.
>
> This is very irritating.

The language is marked within the document, in order to allow documents
of mixed languages. It's in the same place as Font.
--
John W. Kennedy
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and