[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,
I have a few questions about the writer program:
1. How do I retain "ariel"so that "New Times Roman" does not show up each time I attempt to prepare a document?

Change the settings for
2.  How do I retain "12" as a font"
Unless 12 is some font that I've never heard of, it isn't a font. Maybe a font size, but not a font name.

Click on F11 for Styles and formatting, right click on Normal, then modify, change and you're done.

3.  How do I change these settings in the future?
4.  How do I retain "microsoft 97,20000 in the "save as" box?

3.  See above
4. Tools->Options->Load/Save->General->Always Save As choose format

HTH