Even though you provided no information about this whatsoever, I'm guessing
you're running a Windows system and would prefer if certain documents opened
with MSOffice instead of OOo?
OOo had options during installation to associate itself with certain filetypes
and it seemed as though you granted this permission.  To change it, right click
on a file in Windows Explorer and select "open with".