Russell Butler wrote:
Mark McKay wrote:
I'm unable to see any new cards I add to my Thunderbird/Firefox address
book.

I created a new address book by starting Writer and selecting
File/Wizards/Address Data Source...  I followed along and created a new
database called Addresses.odb that was stored in my home directory that
fetches it's data via sdbc:   address:thunderbird.  While it seems to be
able to access all the address I've put into that database up until
tonight, it was unable to access any addresses I added to the address
book after I first ran the wizard.  I've deleted and recreated
Addresses.odb, and restarted OpenOffice, Thunderbird and Firefox several
times, but I still can't see my new entries.  The new cards I've added
to my address book show up fine for Thunderbird.
What's going wrong?  Why isn't OO pulling new data from the address book?

Mark McKay
Hi Mark

Just one query/suggestion. Did you have the "Quickstarter" running? If
you did, try turning it off - from a right click, then restart OOo. This
seems to be needed sometimes to re-read the configuration.

HTH

Russell
I turned off the quick starter in the system tray, shut down all OOo and then opened Writer again, but am still getting stale data from my address book.

Mark McKay