[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Thursday 19 July 2007 20:15:25 Richard Detwiler wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Thursday 19 July 2007 05:40:47 Richard Detwiler wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
You are using an e-mail address from OpenSUSE.us, but you are
promoting Microsoft products. Are you some sort of
Novell/Microsoft spy trying to keep Microsoft user from
defecting from the darkside?
Promoting Microsoft products? I didn't see any post in this
thread that was doing that.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands,
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
3.  I know this might be heresy, but they may consider sticking
with Publisher

Did you miss this? The OP specifically noted that they wanted
to abandon Publisher.
Interesting how you deliberately took that out of context. Here
was the entire post (and it wasn't from me):

"Okay, so we have several possible answers:

1.  Based upon the particular needs, a person may find that
OpenOffice actually has the tools that you need for the job.  In
that case, it might be prudent to write up a Publisher-to-OO
guide to help them make the translation.
2.  If they really do need a full-featured DTP, Scribus might be
one possible answer.
3.  I know this might be heresy, but they may consider sticking
with Publisher if it does what they want and they don't have any
problems with the program.  I know it may shock some to tell them
that a person doesn't have to completely abandon Microsoft Office
when Open Office doesn't have an equivalent, but maybe we should
be showing them how to integrate OO with Publisher where they
can. "

additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I saw and read the entire post he was still suggesting keeping Publisher. I did not take it out of context I dropped all the other stuff that makes it appear as though he is not promoting Microsoft.

_Promoting_ Microsoft? I don't think I was. I never suggested that he actually install Publisher, only that the person may want to refrain from uninstalling Publisher at this time. I wanted to lay out all the options, not just the standard "go download Scribus" I say this not out of any particular love for Microsoft, but rather a realization that if somebody has been with Publisher for a while and/or they have a number of templates built around it, maybe they should stay with it for the time being, at least until they have made the templates in either OO or Scribus. If they have bought the licenses and are not paying yearly rental fees of some nature, why not? Nothing about open source says that you have to disengage each and every part of Microsoft from your system. If they were using Adobe Photoshop, would you tell them to immediately go out and download the GIMP? How about if they were using InDesign?