2007/7/19, Frederico Biscaya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi!

I've tried the Howto on the OpenOffice Site on how to install X11 to
use with OOffice, but it seems to me, that my Mac OS X Install DVD is
quite different from the one in the Howto Screenshots:

1) additional Software is not split into categories
2) there is no Checkbox for an X11 package anywhere
3) there is also no evidence of any X11 package being hidden
somewhere on the disk

Is this a known problem? I find it very confusing; Does it have to do
with having an Intel MacBook?

sincerely yours,
Fred

Hello Fred,

If you do a Spotlight search on your install dvd, you should be able
to locate a package called X11User.pkg. This is the one you need. I
think you can simply doubleclick on it in the Spotlight listing and
this start the installation. The installer will put the unpacked X11
program in your Utilities folder (subfolder of Applications/Programs).
You needn't bother about it afterwards. When you start OOo, it will
automagically start X11 (you'll see a small window opening in the top
left of your screen - you can simply minimize or close it once OOo is
running).

Feel free to come back to the list with any other problem installing
and using OOo on Mac.
I have no problems whatsoever running it on my Intel iMac.
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.2 RC 4 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger