<snip>

I hadn't expected the default browser solution either.

I dug into the version question a bit further; I booted into windows &
installed the latest Windows 2.2.1, and sure enough the windows build is
exactly as John says. From version.ini in the programs directory:

[Version]
buildid=680m18(Build:9161)
ProductPatch=
ProductSource=OOF680
ProductCode={3CCBC9FF-7F35-4220-B66D-B60E2E7AB4E2}
UpgradeCode={7C35B9AB-2CE3-4C18-BE7C-5B97EA089EB3}
ProductMajor=680
ProductMinor=18
ProductBuildid=9161
AllLanguages=en-US
MsiProductVersion=2.2.9161
UpdateURL=
http://update.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

UpdateID=OpenOffice.org_2_en-US
UpdateUserAgent=OpenOffice.org 2.2 (680m18(Build:9161); $_OS; $_ARCH;
BundledLanguages=en-US)

and from the Windows Control Add/Remove Programs support link on OOo:

Support Info

OpenOffice.org 2.2

Use the following information to get technical support for
OpenOffice.org 2.2.

Publisher:      OpenOffice.org
Version:        2.2.9161
Contact:        Department for technical support
Support Information: http:.//www.openoffice.org
               x-xxx-xxx-xxx
Product Updates:http://www.openoffice.org

Comments:       OpenOffice.org 2.2 (en-US)
               (00F680m18(Build:9161))

So I reckon that we all learned something new :-)

Gary

That - that we all, from expert to novice, at times can learn something new
(and, of course, even help one another out with our difficulties) - is what
makes lists like the present one so fascinating !...

Henri