Jeff Phillips wrote:
THe computer I'm working with was recently "cleaned up" at a local
shop...their clean-up included wiping off all programs. Wow! So, I
contacted Dell to have Microsoft programs resent on discs to reload.
I discovered that the warranty was up on this computer last year.
Since we are a fledgeling company and finances tight, Dell gave me
your site and said I could download a simplified version of Microsoft
Word and Excel  that would get me going until we can invest in the
package. I want to your site and tried to maneuver my way around to
see  what you have to offer but was thoroughly confused. Can you help
me? ...Melanie

Hello Jeff,

As you are not subscribed to the mail list, you have missed some interesting comments on your request.

First, I use OpenOffice at work and home and have not used Microsoft Office for at least 5 years. I find that OpenOffice is better than Microsoft Office in anything that I have tried. I have even been able to open Microsoft Word created files that Word won't open. Formatting is better and much easier to control than what others have found in Word.

My only issue is the number of charting options in Calc but this is improving in future versions.

You can download and use OpenOffice from http://www.openoffice.org

You can put it on any number of computers that you wish and also give to all your employees and if you like the program, all of your customers.

Cc'd the OP.
--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.