Hi Robert,
When rebuilding the date specify the text format like this:
=text(DAY#,"00")
Where DAY# is the digit that you've pulled out of the non-standard date.
tc

KyGenealogist wrote:
Hello.  As a genealogist, a lot of dates I work with are pre-1900. Most of
the dates given to me are in the format of dD/mM/YYYY, meaning quite a few
dates will have a single digit representing the month or day. Example: 9/4/1872

Unfortunately, for what I use OOo for, I need a different format. I have
tried splitting it up, and then reassembling date to be of format DD mmm
YYYY, but I still end up with single digits for the day. In the example
above (9/4/1872), after I take it apart and put it back together, I get " 4
Sep 1872"  I very much need a leading zero instead of a leading space. I
need "04 Sep 1872" instead. No, I will not be using it for a calculation, so
text is fine if that is needed.
If the date were 11/22/1803 for example, then "22 Nov 1803" would be what I
would need.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

Robert