On Saturday 21 July 2007 17:58:51 John Meyer wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > On 21/07/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> Lets not forget Kontact that is part of the K Desktop
> >> Environment (KDE). Kontact has everything that Outlook has and
> >> more. It can also do everything that Outlook can do and more.
> >> Kontact and Evolution do look similar to Outlook.
> >
> > That is simply not true. Kontact (and the Kmail email client)
> > have never successfully crashed on me. Additionally, I have
> > been unable to contract viruses and other malware with
> > Kontact/Kmail.  Until this is possible, Kontact will never be
> > able to do "All that Outlook can do".
>
> I've been able to crash KMail (3.5.5).  Of course, given that I
> have 20 filters and 500 e-mails I receive a day, that's
> understandable, but until that's fixed I'm still with
> Thunderbird.

I have about 80 filters and about 1000-1500 e-mail coming in every
day and I don't have a crashing problem on KDE, Kontact, KMail
(3.5.7). I have been using KMail in this manner for five years and
have not had crashing problems.

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jlgates
Microsoft users go to http://www.pclinuxos.com for a great user