I have an eMac running OSx 10.4.10 with the latest patches. I've been running OOo Ver 2.0 with X11 for months. No problems; love it.

I removed OOo Ver 2.0 and installed Ver 2.2; I didn't touch X11.

I put an alias of 2.2 onto the dock.

I click the alias. X11 starts. I'm asked if I want to convert the MAC fonts (I say yes). About 5 seconds later the alias stops bouncing and the little triangle goes away. In essence OOo just terminates. Subsequent clicks on the alias causes the icon to bounce a couple of times then stop, then about 2 seconds later the triangle disappears.

I've reinstalled OOo 2.2 several times. About the only thing I've not reinstalled is X11.

I've read and re-read the Install PDF's.  Also, Ver 2.0 worked just fine.

If anyone can suggest what I'm doing wrong, thanks in advance for the insight.

Bob

---AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM)---