Roger Wray wrote:
Your Calc program is a failure. I spend hours working on a .csv files only to have the sheet lost when I closed the program. There were 2 sheets in the file and it deleted the second one I created without any warning. Thank you for your inability to write a program.

Going back to Microsoft. Don't know what other thing might be waiting to destroy my work.

Your bug or issue reporting does not save the user time. It is only for self centered you.

Hell of a way to promote SUN. Will not be using another product by SUN. I will also be letting the internet know that their job is in limbo if they try to use any SUN products.

Hum,

I have used CSV files for years and all the time I got a warning about only saving the current sheet and all other data would be lost.

To quote the warning.

    Warning saving the document XXXX:
    Only the active sheet was saved.

This tells me that only the sheet that was active was saved. This is on version 2.2 A warning like this has been in versions going back to at least 1.4.

Now if you saved only the current sheet as a csv, then closing OpenOffice, won't give you a warning. Now this may be the issue that is bothering you.

Try this with a test spreadsheet for yourself.

I would be curious is MS Office gives a warning or not and performs the same.

--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.