[CC'ed to list and directly to Jeremy]

Jeremy Montagu wrote:
I have, and what comes up is a slide.

Is it possible that you've somehow made a presentation file your default template for Draw? I don't even know if that's possible, but it's the only way I can think of for this to happen.

How do you know it's a "slide" you're looking at? Draw sometimes refers to it's pages as "slides", e.g. in the page panel at the left of the Draw window, the pages are labeled as "Slide 1", "Slide 2", etc.

I guess if the drawing canvas has a title box, then it's a slide for sure ;-)

I suppose it's also possible that your installation went wrong. Has this ever worked properly?

Is there any way to get answers to problems and difficulties from Open Office rather than belated responses from other users? All the other programs I use have Help files which provide answers and, when as occasionally happens they don't provide an answer, they have a contact address for further information.

Look on the openoffice.org web site, under "support". There are lots of options listed there.

Just remember any help you get is from a volunteer. If you want professional support, buy some.

<Joe