On Tuesday July 24 2007 11:33 am, warm133 wrote:
> I have recently upgraded to v2.2 on windows XP. now no matter how I set
> the load and save preferences, I can only save a document as a "file".
> when try to open one of these files I am asked which program I want to
> open it with, it then opens in Writer, how do I  solve this small
> problem, this problem was not every thing was normal and then the
> problem materialised.
>
> thanking you in anticipation
>
> s1n86d

     When you first save a file, the Save As window opens. At the bottom of
that window is a box labeled Automatic file name extension. You do not
have that box checked. It needs to be checked.
     Open the files you have already created and use File > Save As to open
the Save As window. Check this box and save the file. You will have to do
this for each file already save the wrong way.

Dan