Santa Delgado Vidales wrote:
I am using version 2.2 of OpenOffice.org. (Espanish) My problem is : I Need open office 2007 documents like .docx
Its not works and i don`t know what i can do.
I Read about open office 2.2 version is incompatible. I want more information about this. Which one is the best alternative? Help me please, and i`m sorry for my english...

Currently OpenOffice.org does not understand .docx formats on most systems. (There is a fix which works for Novell versions of OpenOffice.org.)

If you are using Windows, you can download "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats" which is intended to allow older versions of Microsoft products to receive files in the new formats.

If OpenOffice.org is the only product on your PC registered to use the standard Microsoft formats such as .doc and .xls, then this should grab the OpenOffice.org components and pass any .doc and .xls files to them as read only files, which you can then save as .odt and .ods files. At least that is the way it is working on one PC where I installed it. If I click on the .docx file, OpenOffice.org Writer opens and shows the file labelled as Read Only. I then save it.

Since you appear not to be subscribed to the OpenOffice.org users mailing list, I have sent a copy of this message to your directly. If you have any reponses to this message, please send the response only to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jim Allan