On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 20:52:55 +0200
"Johnny Rosenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2007/8/3, Harold Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > Zimmer, Lars.L wrote:
> > > Dear OpenOffice Team,
> > >
> > > is there Outlook function or another mail client available in the
> > openoffice package?
> > >
> > <snip>
> > No.
> >
> > If you want a decent free e-mail program, many people recommend
> > Mozilla's Thunderbird from the same stable that produces Firefox. Google
> > for it.
>

> And I don't understand why. What can Thunderbird do that Evolution can not?
> Does it open faster? Does it have more features? In that case, such as what?

Let's not get into a religious war. There are many excellent native
email programs on Linux. Thunderbird, Evolution, Claws-Mail, KMail,
Mutt, Pine, Exmh. Linux has been doing email since day 1, and Unix
since the early 1970's before Microsoft was founded. However, I have
used Outlook under CXOffice, but only to test a couple of features.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group