Have you tried the "Print to PDF" feature in OpenOffice. I use this often to
check the way the document will look when printed.

  While it's a solution to use print to file, have you checked for an updated
printer driver? Sometimes these drivers are dashed off so fast that there are
errors. Have you tried using your manufacturer's printer driver for a sibling
printer, e.g. same brand, different model, but close and of the same type.
Sometimes that works because the drivers are not rewritten from scratch for
each model. I'd check for a slightly older or younger printer model driver.

Alan Marsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Thank you for your comments.

I have checked the units as you suggest and they are correctly set in
cm units.

The only way I have found to produce a document with the text in the
correct place is to print to file then print the postscript file that
is produced by this action.

Regards,

Alan Marsh