I have an Open CD that says Open CD 07.04 and then Windows Software CD and below that it says Open CD v07.04.iso I interpret this to be the version of the Open Source CD rather than the version of Open Office.
Joyce

---- Original Message ----- From: "James Knott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: [users] DELETING OTHER SOFTWARE

Westcliff Property Group wrote:
I bought a computer which had Microsoft Office loaded.  Subsequently
found out that it was a pirate version.  My son told me about your
software and I loaded this onto my computer.  WONDERFUL!!! Luv it!
However, computer is now very slow. (Someone kindly downloaded
OpenOffice on a CD for me.  All it says is: OpenOffice 07.02.)
 My question is:   Can I delete MS Office (the programmes) and still
access my documents created with MS Office?
 Regards
Margi

I didn't know there was a v7.02. The latest OpenOffice version is 2.2.1. However, you can delete MS Office if you wish or leave it there. It won't affect OpenOffice either way