Thank you. I finally found everything and yes, it DOES read WordPerfect files so now I'll switch my files over as I need them. The help messages answer my questions before I ask them!!!! because other people have the same questions as I do.
I'm a happy camper now.
Jo
----- Original Message ----- From: "James Knott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated]Using Word

Jo Rice wrote:
Yes but does Open Office have a wordprocessor? I have WP but when my computer crashed, I lost my registration # to it. So now I just want a simple wordprocessor which will read my WP files. Guess I will have to go shopping.

Of course. It's called "Writer". As I understand it, it can read Word Perfect files, but I have no experience with that. OpenOffice is a full office package, including word processor, spreadsheet, drawing and other applications. It has excellent compatibility with MS Office and you can even generate PDF's with it.. You can download it for free from www.openoffice.org