I just checked my firewall (I don't really remember when I restarted my
laptop last time, but it was certainly not today) and it still shows a total
of attacks = 0. In fact I have never seen it show anything else than 0. I
haven't touched anything of the firewall, no settings done, everything is
let through, as I understand it. The OS/dist is Linux/Ubuntu 7.04.

When I had Windows (98, 2000 and XP), there were attacks several times each
minute. Can the difference really be that big if the only thing that matters
is how popular an operating system is? Than I can see two explanations:
1. I am the only one in the world using Linux
2. My Firewall lies to me.
3. Ok, I said two explanations, so I won't bother you with a third one.

Johnny Rosenberg

P.S. Will someone please try to attack me so I can verify that the firewall
at least does something? D.S.