Carrie Ann Robinofsky wrote:
> Ok, OO is the default.  I only have the trial version of Word which came with
> the comp when I bought it.
> Here is what I am noticing.  Any saved documents I am able to open.  It seems
> to be documents that aren't saved which I cannot open.  For ex.  I cannot
> open any of my assignments.  Cannot open any kind of doc's, ppt, or anything
> I try to open or download that I have not saved.  I don't know how else to
> answer this is the best I could do.

Were those documents that you can't open saved with Word?  If so, do
they have a .docx extension and not .doc?  If so, you're another victim
of the MS lock in, where they try to force you to use only their apps.
If the trial version still works, re-save the files in the older .doc
file format.  If it has expired, you'll have to find someone with a
working copy of Office 2007 to convert them for you.