Rolf Schumacher wrote:

> Jonathan Kaye wrote:
>> Rolf Schumacher wrote:

<snip>
> The error should be very basic. May be you have some more questions to me?
>
> What can make OO to show the correct location of a working JRE but will
> not accept it as apropriate? How does OO test and decide that a JRE is a
> good one? Do you know a URL where compatibility issues are gathered?
>
> Rolf
Hi Rolf,
Sorry this is such a problem. Openoffice locates my java installation at
this path:
/opt/jdk1.6.0/jre/
The only other thing I can think to test is to see that in the path that
Openoffice report your java installation, you have a subdirectory /bin with
a working java binary in bin. So in my case there is the java binary here:
/opt/jdk1.6.0/jre/bin/java
now I just type at the cl $/opt/jdk1.6.0/jre/bin/java -version and I get the
information about the version of java I'm using. Can you do the same with
yours? That is, have you checked that your java binary is functioning
properly?
That's all I can think of.
Cheers,
Jonathan

Please do not send me copies of list mail. I read the lists. Thanks!