-------- Original Message --------
From: Johnny Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon 20 Aug 2007 02:51:36 EST

> 2007/8/19, nicolyna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Dear Sirs, Our new computer runs with Windows XP, after having
>> installed OpenOffice, the computer start's to block itself at
>> random. (There are no other softwares installed, appart the Windows
>> operating system) The computer hangs for example: if there is only
>> running the application of OpenOffice Writer or also when the
>> internet explorer application is running only.. DELL has already
>> changed or first computer and the problem remains the same also
>> after several complete reinstallation of Windows XP and say's that
>> it must be the software we install afterwards. Is this problem
>> known with OpenOffice Software? To someone who has not experience
>> it could seem like that Microsoft has installed something on their
>> Boot CD that helps to block computers in order to get more sales on
>> Microsoft-Office Software that you have to install first? Or do you
>> have another idea what it could be? Thank you in advance for your
>> appreciated help!
>> Best regards,
>> Nikita Uboldi, Switzerland
>>
> All I know is that OpenOffice.org runs just fine on both my operating
>  systems, Windows XP SP2 and Ubuntu 7.04, with the only difference
> that it runs a bit slower on XP, maybe mostly because I have no
> antivirus software in Ubuntu.
>
> So to me it sounds like you have a bad driver or something. Is there
> any special thing you are doing every time OpenOffice.org freeze or
> does it happen in different situations every time?
>
> J.R. Sweden

Nikita, you must have a system problem. As J.R. suggests, it very
possible you have a bad driver. It may seem to you that OOo
(OpenOffice.org) is the only program running, but there many more
background processes/services running that you cannot see.

I enjoy a good Microsoft conspiracy theory as much as the next person,
but I think millions of OOo users would have discovered this already.

A number of my customers use OOo on Dell (Win XP based) computers and
none have reported freezing/hanging when running OOo.

Dave