At 06:55 21/08/2007 -0400, M. Snyder wrote:
When typing a list, for example, a test, in Writer, I find that Writer
begins to treat all numbered paragraphs as if I had told it to
automatically number and indent them.  I find this very annoying and would
like to turn it off, but cannot find out how to do that except for
individual paragraphs, one at a time.  Can it be turned off globally?

I'm using version 2.04 for eComStation, the latest version for my system.

Go to Tools | AutoCorrect... | Options, and remove the tick from the "Apply numbering - symbol:" box.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker