Harold Fuchs wrote:
rita bateson wrote:
Hi, I am a collage student and always need to do my papers in MLA format but my computer does not have it. I downloaded openoffice because another student told me with this program you are able to do papers to papers in MLA format with it and print it out? Can I and how do I do it? Thankyou very much, Melissa.

As far as I know MLA is a set of style guidelines for writing. The MLA says its styles are not published on the web but are only available in paper form from the MLA organisation. It says "The style recommended by the association for preparing scholarly manuscripts and student research papers concerns itself with the mechanics of writing, such as punctuation, quotation, and documentation of sources."

As such *any* word processor will be able to implement MLA but will not "know" about MLA. You need to impose the necessary styles on your documents by personal, self imposed discipline.

You can use OpenOffice completely free. It is free to download, free to use and free to distribute to others. Try it.

Forwarded to unsubscribed user.