Paul wrote:
Hi there,
just a curisousity, does the "writter" supporting the latest MS office
Word's format, I think the extension is in "docx" format which is alittle
different than their previous version.

Can someone answer me this.
Thank You

The native version of OOo (from www.openoffice.org) does not natively
support the new Office 2007 file formats. It will, undoubtedly, in the
future but not currently.

There are some flavours of OOo that do support the new format (eg, Novell
version for SUSE - http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/features/ooo.html
).

/paul

Also understand that the more people are looking into OOXML, there are issues of accuracy showing up. As well as compatibility even between other versions of Word.

I read this yesterday with examples of accuracy errors.

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/ooxml_is_defective.asp

--
Robin Laing
Instrumentation Technologist   Voice: 1.403.544.4762