Johan Mathew wrote:
Sirs/Madams,
                     You are requested to please help me,in this
website(http://www.openoffice.org/index.html) I entered and I
saw-------------------------------
  openoffice.org 2.2.1  The OpenOffice.org Community announces the availability
of OpenOffice.org Release 2.2.1. This is a minor bug fix release - full details
of the changes can be found in the release notes, but it fixes security
vulnerabilities, and we recommend that all users should download it now and I
clicked on Release Notes and  I saw----List of integrated child workspaces but
when I clicked on those,I saw----Your session is outdated. Please logon first.
The page you requested will automatically be loaded afterwards and saw Reload
and I clicked on reload then I saw a small window where user name and password
were wanted and I put user name and password of openoffice which I got after
registration but that window always is showing An error occurred during
password verification!
The error message was: Could not create user with id but when I was putting the
user name and password in this
website(http://development.openoffice.org/releases/2.2.1.html) right hand side
above I could see my user name and password are right.So I could not solve the
problem so,I need your help,please help me.I am waiting for your reply.

                Yours faithfully,

                  User

Let's see if we can untangle what's going on here. Here's my guess:

  1. You downloaded 2.2.1.
  2. You installed it, and at the end of the installation went through
     the user registration process.
  3. You saw the text you quoted above and followed the Release Notes link.
  4. You clicked on a link in Integrated Child Workspaces, which is
     actually intended for developers rather than users.
  5. The system tried to validate you as having registered as a
     contributor/developer, which is a separate process from the user
     registration. You were not there, so it asked for a registration.
  6. You registered there.
  7. You thought you needed to download again to get a bug fix.
  8. You downloaded 2.2.1 again, and went through at least the user
     registration process again with the same information.
  9. The system objected, because it already has that userid.
 10. You got frustrated and wrote your first message.
 11. It's gone downhill from there.

If this is right, then you've already downloaded and installed a perfectly good version of OpenOffice.org and you've already registered both as a user and as a contributor. You should be able to simply start using the programs. If you find yourself at the user registration request again, there should be a box to check (tick) that says something to the effect that you have already registered, and that should be the end of it. You will not need to log in to OpenOffice.org at all, unless you want to take a more active role in contributing to OOo forums, bug reports, code development, or whatever.

If this guess is wrong, please try to tell us your problem in a form similar to this. Then we might be able to help you. Or if I've misrepresented the process somehow, somebody else will correct me!