Adam Blevins wrote:
> Hello,  I am looking at Open Office as an option to replace our current
> 3500 MS Office suite.
>
> If possible I would like to speak to someone about the possibility of
> migrating to 3500 Open Office on our computers.
>

> Our environment consists of 3200 OS X 10.4.9 or later and about 300 XP
> computers.
>
> I am new to Open Office and would like to know if there are any cost
> involved for using the application, upgrades and support?

There are no costs at all, other than your time to install.

> Does Open Office function on OS X as does XP and Vista?

There is a Mac version, but I have no experience with it.  It also runs
on Linux, Solaris, BSD and OS/2, so it's truly multi-platform.

> How is does the ability to share or open documents created using
> Microsoft Office applications?

It has excellent, though not perfect compatibility with MS Office.  The
main problem area is macros.  Also, at the moment, it does not work with
the new Office 2007 files.