On 3 Sep 2007 at 16:59, Henrich Pifko wrote:

> hi fajar, thank you for your answer.
> search/replace would be fine, but it works only with text (and the
> problem is in the links, which are "hidden" for search - even in the
> "raw" format of the .odt document, opened by a binary-code editor).
> btw, in my case link change was only file:///C:/path...->
> file:///path..., the  file:///C:/path...-> http:///path... happened to
> another guy, who wrote to forum some time ago (without any answer, it
> seems...)

Don't forget the document's data is compressed, so your binary editor
will have problems reading it.

As a crude one-off way of changing all the image link references, try
this: rename the document as the zip file which it really is, extract
the contents.xml (or is that uppercase?) file and edit references in
this with your favourite stream editor (eg sed on unix; or even use OOo
itself with care :-) ) . Then put it back in the zip file and rename
back to an OOo document. [/Keep a copy/ of the original though!!]

Can't see why that or something similar shouldn't work, although I've
not tried it.  Still doesn't answer why the change happened in the
first place.....
--
various incoming sites blocked because of spam; see
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk for a list and openpgp crypto key