Jane High wrote:
> My career adivser at the  employment office told me about your site.  She
> said i could download a program for free instead of buying Word.  Is it
> compatible to Windows XP?  I don't know what 2P2 is.
> Thanks for your help,
> Jane

You can download OpenOffice for free from www.openoffice.org .  It's a
full office package, including word processor, spreadsheet and other
applications.  Since you're probably sending out resumes, you'll have to
be careful with file formats.  The default format for OpenOffice is the
ISO standard OpenDocument format, which Microsoft Office doesn't
support.  Since many employers don't know about ODF, you'll have to
remember to save your resumes in Word format, unless an employer
specifies something different.   You can also create PDF files with
OpenOffice.  You can find documentation and tutorials for OpenOffice at
http://documentation.openoffice.org.  OpenOffice is compatible with all
desktop versions of Windows after Windows 98, along with Linux, Mac and
other operating systems.

BTW, I don't know what 2P2 is either.  Did you mean P2P, which is a
method of sharing data or communicating with other people?