On Monday 03 September 2007 09:34:18 pm jonathon wrote:
> Jack wrote:
> > OpenOffice.org will fit on one CD at least six times.
>
> That depends upon what the CD includes.
>
> If all you are talking about is a binary for a single operating
> system, then maybe.  However that would probably also be an LGPL
> violation.
>
> It would be far smarter would be to include the Linux, Windows, Mac,
> Solaris binaries, and source code on the CD.  The X-11 framework for
> Mac (or whatever is needed) and the Java Runtime Library for each OS
> should also be included on the CD.
>
> There is also language packs, dictionaries, grammar checkers, macros,
> templates, clip art, fonts, and other things that are not included in
> the official OOo builds, that users find useful.  This third party
> material can easily use two 4.4 GB DVDs
> ( I just archived the OOo addons I use.  I required three 4.4 GB DVDs.)

I sure am glad you always think you know what you are talking about.

Have you read the LGPL?

A single download fully ready to install only takes up about 120 MB of
disk space. That will easily fit on a CD. The rest of that stuff you
mentioned is easy enough to download. It is not necessary to burn a copy
for all operating systems or the addons or the source code.

--
http://24.197.142.167/ See the OpenOffice.org FAQ
Microsoft users go to http://www.pclinuxos.com for a great user friendly