On 09/03/2007 08:07 PM, Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> hi
>
> On 9/3/07, NoOp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Despite your comments regarding Sun StarOffice, I still suggest that you
>> consider downloading and giving it a try.
>

> I am having trouble finding a download page that is free as in beer, other
> than a trial version.  I don't like to use trial versions, as they have lots
> of problems associated with them.  I am willing to give Star Office a shot.

Others have pointed you to Google Pack for that Windows version. I
pointed you to this link in my first post:

http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/edu/solutions/staroffice.html

Perhaps you missed this part?

<How to Get StarOffice 8 - Individuals

If you are a student, researcher, staff, or faculty member you can
download StarOffice 8 for free from Sun's Software Download Center.
Login into the Sun Software Download Center by using your user name and
password. If you do not have a user name or password for the Sun
Software Download Center please register.

How to get StarOffice 8 for your Institution - What's Available:

Worldwide Free downloads:

The quickest way for education institutional customers to download
StarOffice and StarSuite for free.
</quote>

Click on the Sun Software Download Center. If you are not actually any
of the above, then have someone from the school register and download.