Upon inspection, it looks as though you're missing a right parenthesis ) near
the end of {=IF(ISERR(FIND(" ";D2:D569);D2:D569;LEFT(D2:D569;FIND("
";D2:D569)))} just before the right bracket.
Joe Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sadly enough they are entered in all of the above and occasionally
there's a name thrown in or a mark like (w) or (c).
but if there's more than one in a cell (in some cases there are up
to 4) in the column, they are always separated by spaces. The random
names and marks I can clean up as there aren't that many...I just want
to separate the numbers out so that there are only 1 per cell. I've
figured out the formula's to return the right data, but not the
correct condition for the IF()... Essentially I need a working
condition for an array IF() function. As one person suggested off
list, I'm going to try
{=IF(ISERR(FIND(" ";D2:D569);D2:D569;LEFT(D2:D569;FIND(" ";D2:D569)))}
--
Joe Greene
UNIX Systems, Network and IT Specialist
If you aren't having fun, you're doing the wrong thing!
All opinions expressed are mine alone. You Can't Have them!
S Perry wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> How are your phone numbers entered?
> 0003334444
> 000-333-4444
> 000333444 1112225555
> 000-333-4444 111-222-5555
> Or, some other format?
>
> This information will help us help you figure this out.
>
> Joe Greene wrote:
>
>
> I'm trying to do something I thought would be simple. Heh.. my
> hairiest projects always start that way...anyway to the problem:
>
> OpenOffice 2.2.1 Calc
>
> I have a spreadsheet with a list of names addresses and such.
> Columns D and E have phone numbers, ssometimes 1 each , sometimes more
> than 1 each. I can manage the logic to split them up, but here's the
> catch, on those which only have a single phone number I end up with
> errors.
>
> I tried using an {IF(D2:D569=" ";TRUE;FALSE)} - it all comes up
> FALSE, regardless of whether or not there is a space in it. I've also
> tried ".* .*". If I simply use FIND() and SEARCH () for " ", then I
> get #VALUE errors instead when there is no space. I have the option
> 'Enable Regular expressions in formulas' turned on, but it does not
> seem to be having any effect.
>
> HELP! I know I've got to be missing something simple....
> --
> Joe Greene
> UNIX Systems, Network and IT Specialist
>
> If you aren't having fun, you're doing the wrong thing!
> All opinions expressed are mine alone. You Can't Have them!
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with
> Yahoo! FareChase.
---------------------------------
Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
when.