> You can't open an Open Office Program if you don't  have Open Office on your
> system.  When you send documents out, to other  folks, put the document into a
> .PDF file, that way anyone can open  it.

please don't mind my comment, but you might want to frame the
statements as, "You can't open (ISO standard) OpenDocument Format
files if you don't have a standards-compliant office suite, for e.g.
OpenOffice. I think there should be a wiki page to link to mention all
programs that can handle ODF and link to it. Keeping the choices open
is very crucial.

I am not saying that your english is wrong or your suggestion has
shortcomings...but it sounds like MS talk the way you mention that the
person has to have OpenOffice. You can have the same effect on the
person by talkin about relative advantages of having a complete suite
of office productivity products which allow working on ODF (ISO
approved) format.

do people somewhat agree? :D

--
Diabolic Preacher