-------- Original Message --------
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:03:56 EST

> Downloaded and installed Open Office. How do I launch app'? All I can
> find are four "file cabinets" with a bunch of files in each. Where's
> the app' icon?
>
> Ken

Since you haven't told us what OS (Operating System - eg. Linux, Mac,
Solaris, Windows, etc.) you are using, I will take a guess that you are
running some flavor of Windows. It sounds very much like you told the
installer to unpack the setup files to your desktop and these are the
files you are referring to. If the installation completed successfully
you can now delete all of those files. The OOo (OpenOffice.org)
installation does not clutter up your desktop with a scattering of
shortcut icons, which you may or may not require, it correctly and
neatly places the shortcuts in your "Start -> Programs/All Programs"
menu and allows you to create any desktop shortcut icons you may desire.

Dave