Jerry Feldman wrote:

> While generating a CSV, Calc generates some quotes where (I believe)
> Excel does not.
> A short example is this is part of the input file, in this case a csv:
> Input CSV:
> Schedule Curve,ID,Name,
>
> Result CSV:
> "Schedule Curve","ID","Name",
>
> The problem is that the tool that reads this is picky and does not like
> the quotes. But, the resultant file does require some editing because
> neither Excel nor Calc generates the dates in the needed format:
> yyyy/mm/dd. Swedish comes close with yyyy-mm-dd, but again the tool
> likes the forward slashes.

Hi Jerry,
It's easy to remove the quotes as text delimiters. Open the offending csv
file and you'll see the Text Import" window. To the right of Text delimiter
you'll see a drop down menu with " or ' (default is ") click in that field
and erase the quotes. Same thing when you are saving the files. When you
see the Text Import window, make sure the Text delimiter field is empty.
HTH,
Jonathan
Please do not send me copies of list mail. I read the lists. Thanks!