Install OpenOffice on your work machine RIGHT AWAY, Then you can open that file RIGHT AWAY.

But, NEXT TIME, when you save the file in OO, use SAVE AS and select "Save as .doc" (there are a couple of choices, pick the one that matches your work machine).

Jim Hartley

Jeannette Cox wrote:
Hello,
I am a first time user of OpenOffice. I wrote a letter with Write last night. Today I cannot open the file at work with Word. Please help. I need to open this document right away. Thank you.

Jeannette Cox

--------------------------------- Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.

--
Teen Angel - a ghost story - http://teenangel.netfirms.com