Many free fonts are available from:
http://www.press.redhat.com/2007/05/09/liberation-fonts/

Jim Hartley wrote:
What Operating System are you using? Almost any Windows machine should have Helvetica, and as far as Mac I have no clue. But if you are using Linux, your distro may well NOT include Helvetica (or Ariel or Times New Roman), or indeed any number of other fonts with patent or copyright encumbrances. (My Fedora Core 6 didn't.)

Whatever you have, you will need to get the TTF files for the fonts you need and install them onto your machine (this is an OS problem, NOT an OpenOffice problem, OOo uses whatever fonts are properly installed).

Where to get those TTF files is left as an exercise for the reader.

Jim Hartley

Peter Saffrey wrote:
The default styles uses Helvetica for headings. However, this font is
not available in the font list, so I can't set the normal style to use
it. Where is it?

Peter