Brian Barker wrote:
At 21:37 16/09/2007 -0400, Lisa Hetherington wrote:
how to convert text to columns in Calc??

If I understand the question, here's a workaround:

o  Save your text as a plain text (.txt) file.
o Open the file from within OpenOffice, scrolling down to "Text CSV" for "Files of type" - *not* just "Text" or "Text Encoded". o In the Text Import window, tick Space and adjust any other options you need. o Copy and paste the data from the new spreadsheet to wherever you want it.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Thanks Brian...it's nice to know a workaround but I already downloaded the extension for this.

..Lisa