I would follow the advice to use the Aqua beta -- I have been using it for several months and it seems very stable (I just use some light WP/SS) -- that way you skip not only the issues with X11, but all the associated font and printing problems.

and I am not sure that negative feedback to a seller on ebay is warranted unless they promised you the install disks were part of the package -- it's kind of like moaning that a used car doesn't have an owners manual -- it's a pain, you know you can buy one from the deal if you really need one, but you saved some $$$ and you got a Mac -- you are already miles ahead of 93% of the world :)

Thanks

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street