On 9/23/07, Robert Smits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On September 20, 2007 11:48:20 pm Larry Gusaas wrote:

This listserve does not require that posters be
> subscribed. It's a deliberate decision to do so,

so it is also a deliberate decision of many of the subscribers to not
bother specially forwarding a message to the lazy non-subscriber's
inbox and i'll tell you what, these archives are made public over the
net and hosted on more than one site. so there is a highly likely
chance that perhaps someone else or maybe the non-subscribers
themselves would reach the archived thru some web search and go "oh
my! its available at no charge?!" people are concerned about specially
delivering emails to non-subscriber's inbox just like the way paid
customer support might do.
i volunteer to post my replies only to the group and instead of
extending this thread and the other longer one i would say it's better
to stick to reply only to the group and let the non-subscribers learn
to subscribe or search the archives.

there is no need to be a slave to the non-subscribers' demands to
impress upon them how helpful the user community is. let them face
reality as well or let them struggle with other office suites.

 and to require people to do
> so simply wouldn't allow as many people (especially clueless newbies) to be
> helped.

why are they even allowed near computers without supervision?

--
Diabolic Preacher
As Is