On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:18:30 +0530
"Diabolic Preacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Resulting in double posting to the list as someone else reposts to the
> > OP with a copy to the list to prevent anyone else reposting.
>
> someone else...anyone else....but not me. let those in favour of
> extended support for non-subscribed posters do that.

Simply provide a CC to the person who posted the message that you are replying
to.  It's neither difficult or painful, it adds zero extra traffic to the
mailing list, and it insures that the person to whom you are replying actually
receives your reply.

Otherwise, no matter how much thought or research you put into creating a
response, your effort may ultimately be of no value whatsoever to anyone.
Particularly and especially including the person who posted the question.