On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:32:52 +0100
"Alexander Dietz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I left out the instructions for the JAVA runtime environment, I think I have
> this already installed. Is there a way to check that?

which java

If the response isn't /usr/bin/java, you don't have it.

> I repeat all the following steps again (without downloading the stuff, of
> course...).

> No, there is no OpenOffice-2.3-something in the Office-section from the blue
>
> OpenOffice is there.

That tells me that you missed one step:

yum remove openoffice.org-core

> So after all, there IS NO openoffice installed. Maybe its related to the
> Java stuff?

No.  You just missed one step.  It may or may not be a simple task to recover
from that.  As I said, having the Sun OO and the Red Hat OO installed at the
same time can bugger things up really well.