Hey, that's MSn with emphasis on the MS - doesn't surprise me at all that they'd look for ANY WAY POSSIBLE to discourage the use of ODF.

Jim Hartley

Paul wrote:
I am a very new user and I'm having the following problem with using
openoffice.

I have created some very simple text documents using the writer program.
Regardless of the file type I have attempted to save them as, this is what
is happening.

When I attempt to attach these files to an e-mail (MSN is my provider) I
get the following message:

"Access to the following unsafe attachments have been blocked".

To the best of my knowledge I do not have any virus on my computer.

Any ideas?

This is probably more to do with your email provider than with OOo. If
you've run a standard anti virus checker and come up clean, the I would
suggest you should be contacting msn and asking them the question...

/paul

--
Teen Angel - a ghost story - http://teenangel.netfirms.com