>> "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[..]
> I was, indeed, trying to edit existing cells.  I didn't hit the F2 key
> before attempting the Ctrl-Enter, but when I did after you suggested
> it, it worked fine.  I did attempt to do the Ctrl-Enter in the upper
> formula field, not knowing better.
>
> One question out of curiosity:  I see what the F2 key does, but I'm
> wondering what that function is called in OOo parlance.

Help|Index|Shortcut keys|spreadsheets:

F2:
Switches to Edit mode and places the cursor at the end of the contents of
the current cell. Press again to exit Edit mode.

If the cursor is in an input box in a dialog that has a Minimize button, the
dialog is hidden and the input box remains visible. Press F2 again to show
the whole dialog.

--
Bob Long